Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Prayer when Ones is down

I know, lord, that you believe in me

Dear lord,

There are decisions

That must be made

And obligations that must be fulfilled.

There are deadlines to be met

And duties to be performed.

But I know, Lord,

That you will lead me to the right path.

I do have bad days and I make stupid mistakes;

I know I sometimes fail to live up to people’s expectations.

But, Lord, despite my shortcomings

I know you have not given up on me.

I am not as beautiful

As I want to be;

I am not as young

As I used to be;

I am not as talented

As I wish to be;

I am not as strong

As I strive to be.

But Lord, you make me feel

A am someone great

Because you choose me

To be your servant.

I know I am special

And important in your eyes

You gave up your life to save me

And set me free. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment